Friday, August 21, 2015

VSG Before and After. Getting to Maintenance after losing 200 pounds.

10450455_10154204990680133_2948116350386449601_n10262246_10154204990545133_3282331630420773617_nI can’t tell you how many times, I plan on blogging, and don’t. So, I’m sorry. But anyway, you all want an update! On May 19th, I hit my goal of 154.9. (Goal was 155). My last recorded weight was 152.5 on Saturday. Total loss: 194 pounds in 62 weeks.
Can you believe it? The first time EVER in my life to actually make a goal. It’s pretty surreal to be honest. I found myself talking out loud driving the other day. This was right after my dad kissed me, said I look so small and said my mom would be so proud.
You did it. After all this time, you did it. Since you were 11 years old, you have been reaching for this goal and it never came. Do people know what this is for you?! 
I think about my mom. She was with me during every diet. She would be so thrilled for me! Basically I feel amazing. I can walk into any store and shop. Size 10 pants, Size medium shirts. Like OMG – Really?! My shoe size is still a 10. :)
I actually jumped up and down on Saturday when I showed marc the above outfit. He said, you look cute! I jumped up and down and said, I look cute, I look cute! I really felt it! I hate uncomfortable clothes. Before surgery, I just wanted to look stylish and cute in jeans and casual clothes.
Maintenance really hasn’t changed my food (yet). I actually am not sure it will change that much. Been doing some research and I know that regain is so very possible. I HAVE to be on my game 100%. I am a recovering binge eater, recovering morbidly obese person. I have a food addiction. Should I really play around with a few of this, and a few of that? Just because I have hit a number, doesn’t mean everything needs to change. Granted, I need to make sure I stop losing by increasing my calories with healthy food.
Here’s a sample of a typical day for me:
Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 10.07.15 AM
I LOVE my oikos cherry yogurt and skinny Starbucks latte’s! Those are my treats. I’ve binged a few times. I have found myself mindlessly eating while bored at work. It happens, still will happen. I have to stay on myself to make sure I’m not a statistic of regain. I will hate myself, and feel so depressed. I don’t want to feel like that.
It will never end! LOL Hopefully it gets easier. Right now, I don’t feel like I am missing out. I hope it stays that way.
photo
Loose skin is a bit of an issue for me, but not too much. Upper thighs, upper arms, tummy and back. Don’t feel comfortable wearing sleeveless or much above the knee, or anything that clings in the stomach, or creates muffin top. I just dress for my shape i guess to hide what I don’t like. This dress is cute, but I would wear a sweater and I’m really not a skirt girl. I still feel self conscious, but when I’m out shopping, I LOVE trying on clothes I wouldn’t really buy just to see how it looks. :)
Had my 1 year blood work done. Everything is good. I have to work on taking my calcium and daily vitamin. I also offered to speak at one of our community surgery meetings. I’m not sure what I have to share, but I would like to share with people my story.
photo

AND you all want to see a pic of Gunther, right?!
photo (1)Thanks for coming back and reading and all your support and kind comments!

0 comments :

Post a Comment